Watching through 2017

Farrah Goodall, Feature Reporter

Movies about superheroes have become increasingly popular and 2017 will deliver plenty of superhero movies along with a lot of other new movies including sequels, remakes, and entirely new ideas.
In the latest installment of the Avengers series, Marvel introduced a newer, much younger Spider-Man.
In July of 2017, Spider-Man Homecoming is set to be released as a continuation of the “new” Spider-Man story.
Justice League, which will include all DC Comic characters, is planned to air in November.
Wonder Woman will introduce Wonder Woman as the focal point of the movie displaying a strong, female lead role, and it is said to be available in June.
The popular children’s television show, Power Rangers, will be made into a movie that will be released in March.
All other superhero movies that are planned to air in 2017 are set to be sequels.
There will be a second LEGO Batman Movie in February, another installment in the Thor series with Thor: Ragnarok in November, a second Guardians of the Galaxy in May, what appears to either be the next Wolverine movie or a spin off of the Wolverine movies, Logan, in March, and Transformers: The Last Knight in June.
There are also several children’s movies on the agenda, but plenty of adults are expected to watch the remake of Beauty and the Beast, which stars Emma Watson as Belle.
Beauty and the Beast is set to release in March of 2017. The trailer reached over 127.6 million views in its first 24 hours and is one of the top three most anticipated films of the new year.
Another popular movie will be Cars 3 in June and will feature Lightning McQueen, who is set to take a crash at the Los Angeles Speedway. McQueen then has to face a new rival who is joining the animated characters whose name is Jackson Storm.
Other animated films will include Smurfs: The Lost Village in April, Paddington 2 in November, and Despicable Me 3 in June. In Despicable Me 3 it is rumored that Gru will meet his twin brother Dru.
The comedy genre is set to release two major movies Baywatch in May and Pitch Perfect 3 in December.
Baywatch will star Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron as elite lifeguards who take their job a little too seriously. Efron will portray an Olympic gold medalist who Johnson hires to help “restore order to the beaches.”
As for Pitch Perfect Film producers have confirmed that most of the cast will be returning for the third film but have kept any other details confidential.
The horror and thrill departments are set to release a few movies throughout 2017.
Two movies will play in theaters at the end of January, Split and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
Split will feature James McAvoy, a man with 23 different personalities who abducts three young teenagers and the events that follow are undeniably frightening.
Resident Evil will star Milla Jovovich as Alice who fights with a few known survivors against the undead. She is set to return to Raccoon City and the Umbrella Corporation to finish everything where it started.
World War Z 2 will be a continuation in June. Closer to Halloween in October, the eighth installment Saw: Legacy and Insidious Chapter 4 will be released.
Other anticipated movies will be Kingsmen: The Golden Circle, XXX: Return of Xander Cage, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, The Fate of the Furious, and Fifty Shades Darker. Kingsmen’s details are being kept mainly a secret and will not be available until October of 2017.
Johnny Depp will portray Captain Jack Sparrow once again in the 5 installment of The Pirates of the Caribbean in May, where he will have to fight for his life against Captain Salazar while looking for the legendary Triangle of Poseidon.
Xander Cage returns out of exile in The Return of Xander Cage at the end of January racing to recover a weapon known as Pandora’s Box.
April will feature The Fate of the Furious with Brian and Mia retired from the game, Dom and Letty on their honeymoon, and family betrayal like never before.
Valentine’s Day will bring about one of the most anticipated films, Fifty Shades Darker, the second movie in the series based on the books by E.L. James. 2017 is full of new movies and there seems to be something for everyone to enjoy.

Image by Wikipedia