HBO introduces a new mystery to Sunday night television

Farrah Goodall, Feature Reporter

Big Little Lies is a newly introduced TV show to HBO extensive collection. HBO has produced many popular television shows recently such as Game of Thrones, Veep, and True Detective, and the producers hope to add Big Little Lies to the list of success.

The show, created and written by David E. Kelley, is based upon the novel by Liane Moriarty and stars three prominent actresses: Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, and Nicole Kidman. Witherspoon is most commonly known for her role in Legally Blonde, Kidman has won an Oscar and nominated for many others, and Woodley recently starred in the Divergent series.

The show portrays three mothers whose lives unravel and are eventually are involved in a homicide investigation. To keep viewers on edge, there is never a lot of information that could hint at a solution given at one time, rather small pieces of the puzzle are given each week.

Big Little Lies premiered on February 19, 2017 and is set for the first season finale on April 7,2017, only including seven episodes in its first installment. Reviews have been “generally good” and Rotten Tomatoes reported an acceptance rate of 88%. It airs Sundays at 9:00 pm on HBO and looks to captivate and stun all of its viewers.

Official HBO poster