Have a Ball Winter Ball

It is a bitter winter now in Michigan City, and as the snow piles on, students become more anxious.  Yet there is a way to shake off that cabin fever. There is no better way to let loose this winter than to dance the night away at the annual student-publication sponsored dance, Winter Ball.

This February seventh will be the twentieth annual ball, and will be held at a new location. Winter Ball is traditionally more formal than Sadie’s, and is customarily held at the Orak Temple. That is, until this year. The new location for the dance will be at the Uptown Center, located on Franklin Street in the Uptown Arts District. The new venue, previously known as the Canterbury Theater, will be decked out come February, to host MCHS students.

Through the halls of MCHS, students are buzzing with Winter Ball excitement.

“I think it is a good dance for the underclassmen, because they do not get to go to dances like prom, which is more formal, so this is like their prom.” says Junior Kristen Gushrowski.

Another perk of Winter Ball? Showing off some killer dance moves.

“I’m excited for Winter Ball because I love to dance,” says Carlos Bucio, Junior “And I can not wait to take my beautiful girlfriend to the dance.”

So this Saturday, February seventh, from 8pm- midnight, come to the Uptown Center, bring friends along, bring your dancing shoes, and support your student-publications.