Halftime is Game Time

Destiny Harvel, Feature Reporter

Football season has started and that means so has marching band. For the band, halftime is game time. The time between the two halves of the football game is not just for getting a hotdog now. The MCHS Wolfpack Marching Band is the halftime entertainment for the year.

This year the show is “The Prince of Egypt” with music by Hans Zimmer and arranged by Michael Bough. Selections from the show are “Chariot Race”, “Deliver Us”, and “When You Believe”. The beginning of “Chariot Race” features trumpet soloist, senior, Ellisha Martin.

Friday September 5, 2015 marked the first performance for the MCHS Wolfpack Marching Band at the football game against Chesterton. Saturday, September 12, 2015 is the first festival for the band at Kankakee Valley High school.

The band this year will be going to five different festivals to perform and compete for a gold, silver, or bronze award. At these festivals the band is judged in categories such as visuals, percussion, colorguard, marching, and music. Three times a week the band practices in the back parking lot of the school to learn their drill and music.

They have been working really hard and are all excited for their first performance this Saturday at Kankakee Valley.

Want to see the band perform?

Here is the schedule for the season:

Sat. Sep 4th- Kankakee Valley Festival Wheatfeild, IN
Fri. Sep. 18th- Football game vs. Merrilliville HS (homecoming) Ames Field
Sat. Sep. 19th- Hobart Invitational Hobart, IN
Sat. Sep. 26th- Rensselaer Central Rensselaer, IN
Fri. Oct. 2nd- Football game vs. Portage HS Ames Field
Sat.Oct. 3rd- ISSMA District Festival Crown Point, IN
Sat. Oct.10th- Highland HS Festival Highland, IN