College applications

Lizzie Quinlan and Elizabeth Quinlan

It is already that time of the year for all seniors in high school. The class of 2016 seniors are in the process of applying to colleges and scholarships, and taking or retaking tests such as the SAT or ACT.

For many seniors in high school, this time of the school year can be tough and stressful. Most students are anxious about their test scores, and applications for their choice of schools or scholarships, but it is important to stay focused and get them in on time.

One of the most important things about college applications is to make sure that they are turned in as early as possible. Many schools tend to give priority to those students to get their applications done and sent in earlier than those who wait until the last minute.

When applying, colleges also like to see students with not only good GPA’s and high test scores, but also students who are very involved in activities in and out of the school. It is important to join clubs and other activities early in high school, or even before high school. People should not just join clubs and activities because they look good on college applications, but because they are great ways to get involved with the community and meet new people. Joining after school activities and finding places to volunteer are also important because they are a great way to help others and stay focused on what is important.

Before applying to colleges of their choice, students should always check with the colleges they plan on applying to ahead of time to see what their requirements are. It is important to stay ahead of the game when applying to colleges, because deadlines are coming closer than we think.