2015 Homecoming Candidates

Erica Zolvinski, who was crowned Homecoming Queen, represented Steering Committee.

Kaitlyn Steinhiser, News Reporter

Each year, several clubs choose one female student to represent them as a homecoming queen candidate, and they are entered in a competition to be homecoming queen.

To qualify for this position, the girls must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, be in good standing with the school (no unexcused truancies, social probabion, suspensions or expulsions), and be a member of three or more clubs.
In order to represent a club, a candidate needs to have been an active member for two years in the club that they plan on representing. Additionally, the current academic year does not fulfill the two year membership requirement.

During the homecoming parade each candidate has to provide a convertible for them to ride in, signs to hang on both sides of the car that name the candidate and the club that they are representing, a driver, and an escort.

Although the candidates cannot campaign, they are still required to be involved in and attend all homecoming activities including spirit week, class olympics, the pep session, and the homecoming game itself.

Sixteen clubs have provided candidates to represent their groups this year, and the winner will be announced at halftime on Senior Night on October 2nd at Ames Field.