High school will fly by

Lizzie Quinlan and Elizabeth Quinlan

Throughout a students four years of high school, we are told by countless adults and other students that these years are not only going to be exciting, but also go by faster than we could ever imagine.

As  freshman it is hard to believe that these years will go by in the blink of an eye. It feels like just yesterday the class of 2016 was walking into the high school for their first day of freshman year, ready to face new challenges and create new opportunities.  Just a few weeks ago, that same class walked into their last day of high school, ready to make the most of their last year as part of the wolf pack.

I have been told many times that when time is going by too fast, that is when we are having the most fun. With that said, high school seems to be going by too fast because we are all busy experiencing new things, meeting new people, and preparing ourselves for out futures. High school is the time when we truly find ourselves as individuals. I think it is designed for us to figure out who we are as people, and lead us along the way of finding out what we want to do with our adult lives.

For many seniors, our priorities since the start of the school year and into most of the first semester will be focused on getting ready for those futures that we felt were so far away as freshman. For those planning on attending college, application deadlines and scholarships are starting to spin in or heads as we try to do out best to also stay focused on our classwork.

This time can probably be described as one of the most stressful, if not the most, stressful time for students applying to schools. Those students who are pursuing career paths other than college are also busy working on the next steps that will lead them along their chosen path following high school.

We tend to forget to take the time to look around us, and enjoy the simple things we still have as high school students, because we are too busy wishing for something better to come along.

It is important to savor these times we have, because before we know it, we will be walking across the stage receiving our diplomas, wondering where the past four year went.