Wolves Defeat the Indians on Senior Night

MCHS+Volleyball+Team+huddles+in+a+time+out+while+wearing+their+pink+socks+to+show+their+support+during+Breast+Cancer+Awareness+Month.+

MCHS Volleyball Team huddles in a time out while wearing their pink socks to show their support during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Kristen Gushrowski, Sports Writer

The Wolves volleyball team beat the Portage Indians Tuesday night, 3-0.

City won a close first set, 25-23, but made the point margins in the second and third sets were much wider. Portage began the second set with a 3-0 lead, but the Wolves came back and defeated the Indians in set two by seven points (25-18). City finished off the Indians by winning set three by 13 points (25-12).

The City-Portage match up was also Senior Night and Breast Cancer Awareness Night in the Wolves Den. Setter Hanna Westphal and managers Kalin Dombkowski and Kaitlin Emrick were honored and recognized before the game for their time dedicated to the volleyball program the last four years. The Wolves wore pink shirts during warm up and wore pink socks during the game to show their support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

City’s win over Portage marked the end of the regular season. City finished their season at 21-11 and 7-7 in the Duneland Athletic Conference.

IHSAA Sectional draws took place October 12 and sectional play for City begins October 20 at Chesterton High School against Valparaiso.