Former Wolf Pack Student Making a Change

Kaitlin Emerick, Chief Photographer

Former MCHS student Hayley Webb is starting off her freshman year at IU by making a difference. Hayley joined the club IUDM after starting at IU this year. IUDM (Indiana University Dance Marathon) started as a small fundraiser to honor the memory of Ryan White, a young man that taught many around him the value of courage and love.

Hayley says, “IUDM is great organization that strives to raise money for kids and their families at Riley Hospital.”

Over 1,200 students work a year to raise funds and awareness for Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, IN. The tireless efforts of the students and advisers involved in the organization participate in a 36-hour dance marathon each fall that includes dancing, entertainment, and many Riley family stories. Over 2,500 dancer participants remain awake and stand for the entire 36 hours in a display of support for the children at Riley.

Hayley is attending IU to become an elementary school teacher.  She is a kid’s day camp counselor and gets to meet and connect with children all summer long. This is one of the reasons she decided to pursue a career in teaching.

Hayley says, “I believe in children so much and cannot wait to see them succeed in their future. This is why I love IUDM. It raises awareness for children that may not have a chance to have a long future.”

She is reaching out for all of our help, “Every penny counts! It is not how much you donate but about how much awareness you raise to Riley Hospital! Please help me promote one of my passions!”

Visit this website to help Hayley reach her goal.