S.T.E Students Visit Indiana State University

Marcus Lester

On Monday, October 26, 2015, the S.T.E (Success Through Education) students went on a campus tour at Indiana State University. Success through education is a federal trio for students who are first generation college students. Students who are involved in this program get different waivers for SAT/ACT, get extra college information, and get amazing opportunities to visit the best colleges in Indiana.

Students that were interested in going on the trip, got a great opportunity to experience Indiana State University. Although majority of the students were underclassmen, most of them made Indiana State one of their top choices. Indiana State offers a free laptop to any incoming freshman with a  3.0 grade point average. They have a numerous amount of scholarships such as the Presidential Scholarship, which covers full tuition with a 3.75 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, with a 1200 SAT score, and also the Center for Leadership Development Scholarship, which also covers full instate tuition with a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.

The tour guide from Indiana State University really sold the benefits of the school to the students. Many of them talked about how much they loved the trip and how amazing it was. Sophomore Brittany Adams said, “Indiana State was great! I loved every minute of the  tour and I am definitely keeping that school as one of my options!” The students got to experience the ancient parts of Indiana State University such as the library which has been there for over 130 years! Success Through Education students were very pleased with what they saw and hope to see other colleges in the future.