Sadies Masquerade

Kaitlyn Steinhiser, News Reporter

This year on November 14 from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm in the MCHS cafeteria for the entry fee of five dollars and a canned good or ten dollars without a canned good, Student Council will be hosting the Sadie Hawkin’s dance with a twist.

Usually, the dance is “fall” themed; gourds are used as centerpieces, the tables are covered in red and orange table cloths, and there are usually several corn stalks strewn around the cafeteria. The photo booth at Sadies in past years consisted of two corn stalks and some lights.

This year, Sadies will have a masquerade theme. The Student Council chose to do this because masquerade is not a theme that can be used at any prom for the next several years. This is because of the new contract between MCHS and Blue Chip Hotel and Casino that states that Blue Chip will be hosting prom for the next several years. Because Blue Chip is a casino, prom-goers would never be able to wear masks. This way, students still get to experience the theme without having to take off their masks when they walk into the doors of the dance.

Every student who plans on attending the dance is encouraged by the Student Council to either make a mask or buy one at the dance. While masks are encouraged, they are not mandatory.

Although the Student Council did change things up by implementing a new masquerade theme, the dance will still be semi-formal.