New semester brings new beginnings

Kaitlyn Steinhiser, News Reporter

On January 6, the second semester of the 2015-2016 school year began for the students and staff at MCHS, and, with this new semester, a lot of new beginnings and events are coming to MCHS.

Each semester, grades restart. Any student who had lower grades during the previous semester now has the chance to make up for the mistakes that they made last semester, and any student who had a solid GPA during the previous semester has the chance to show off their college-readiness.

This new semester also means that student athletes can start a new season with a new sport. Boys golf, track, and many more sports start up during the second semester. Junior, Allison Thomas, plans on starting the semester by joining track.  “I’m looking forward to starting a new sport. I’ve never done track, so it will be a new experience that I’m sure I’ll enjoy. I also look forward to swimming DAC and sectionals.”

The new semester also brings new events within the arts departments. For example, the theatre department will be performing their spring musical, Catch Me If You Can, this April. The Student Council and International Thespian Society will also be putting on a talent show during second semester.

The last portion of the new semester brings graduation, a production put on by all of the students in the graduating class along with the staff of MCHS. Seniors are halfway there when it comes to the end of their high school careers and the beginnings of their adult lives.