Spirit Week

The junior Color Run themed hallway

Photo c/o: Hannah Moore

The junior Color Run themed hallway

Destiny Harvel, Feature Reporter

This past week was the second spirit week of the year for MCHS. While normally there are five days that students get to dress up for, there was not school on Monday because of presidents day so the week started off on Tuesday with decades day. Students dressed up like decades ranging from the 50’s to the 90’s.

Wednesday was sports day and students were allowed to wear anything relating to their favorite sports team or college. Students were also allowed to wear hoodies and sweatpants which is what most students were the most excited about. Thursday was patriotic day and Friday closed out the week with class color day, having students wear as much as their class color as they could.

Tuesday was also class olympics and with only two people from the freshman class that showed up, the seniors won the night.

Each of these things are added up for each class along with how well they decorate their hallways and at the basketball game against Merrillville  on Friday the spirit stick was awarded to the class that had the most spirit. The freshman were the current spirit stick holders and had to give it up to the new winners, the senior class of 2016.

All of the other classes will have another chance to win the spirit stick next year and they cannot wait to try and redeem themselves.