Color Run

Sarah Smith, Feature Reporter

Michigan City High School’s junior class has found a new way to make fundraising fun. The junior class has decided to host a color run at Washington Park on April 23. The Color Run is a fun run/walk that works to bring the community together to enjoy some entertainment. The color run is a 5k that does not have places and is not timed so it truly is just for fun. People in the color run generally start out with white shirts or light colored shirts so that colors can be splattered on them. By the end runners will be covered from head to toe in paint. The paint used is biodegradable and comes as a powder so it can be thrown easily.

The money fund raised at  the color run will be used towards Michigan City High School’s prom on May 13 at Bluechip Casino. The money raised will also hopefully lower the price for students attending the trip to Cedar Point the day after prom. Anyone in the community is welcome to participate in the run. People are encouraged to spread the word to any family members or friends around Northwest Indiana. There currently is a Facebook page that has a link to the eventbrite website that has the sign up sheet on it. The price for MCHS students is $20.00 for anyone else it is $25.00 and the late fee price is $30.00 for anyone late including students. The registration deadline is April 8 and any late registration will not be able to receive a color run t-shirt. Please come out and support the class of 2017 by taking part in the color run!