Indiana takes over Iowa

Jack Smith, Sports Reporter

Indiana Basketball won the outright BIG Ten title this week. They had to beat the Iowa Hawkeyes to get the title. The Hoosiers did pick up a victory with a score of 81-78.

The Hoosiers’ Senior Yogi Ferrell led all scorers with 20 points and handed out five assists, while Troy Williams scored 15 points. Thomas Bryant posted a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds, and Nick Zeisloft chipped in 11 points after connecting on 3-of-4 three-point field goals. Indiana shot 50.8 percent (30-of-59) from the field and 50.0 percent (11-of-22) from three-point range.

They had an outstanding performance against the Hawkeyes and led for most of the game. The Hawkeyes, however were not able to beat the Hoosiers.

Late in the fourth quarter the Hawkeyes took a one point lead and then Yogi Ferrell went to the free-throw line and was shooting two shots. He missed both free-throws though. The commentators were mind boggled and they said they don’t think that Yogi has ever missed two clutch free-throws in one trip at the line during the duration of his four year career at Indiana. Freshman Thomas Bryant fought very hard for the rebound and got it for the Hoosiers. He was then fouled and headed to the line for free throws. Indiana was tied with Iowa.

This was the momentum Indiana need to finish the game off with a win. The team and fans were all ecstatic with the victory. There was a crowd of fans at Assembly Hall cheering for the team and watching it on a big screen. It was a party again in Bloomington.