New staff join the pack

This year, MCHS is welcoming several new teachers and staff members to the wolf pack.

Ms. Daly teaches English 9 and Read 180 and says, “I love teaching English because I love reading and writing, and I want to share that with my students.” One of her favorite quotes by Maya Angelou is “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Ms. Frederick teaches English 9 and she says, “This year has started out great! I expect it to just keep getting better!” One of her favorite quotes by John Dewey is “Education is not about preparation for life; education is life itself.”

Mr. Gee teaches Engineering and Technology, all of which are dual credit through Ivy Tech and last all year round. He says, “This year will be great. My students are amazing. I also expect the robotics team, which I coach, to do very well this year. I think the year will be great. I know many of these students from when I taught at Elston.” One of his favorite quotes by Kipling is “If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what’s more, you’ll be a man, my son.”

Mrs. Garron, who enjoys teaching Algebra 1 as an Instructional Strategist, teaches math because it is a lot like solving puzzles or mysteries. One of her favorite quotes is “If you keep going in circles, then you must have cut too many corners.”

Ms. Gracyalny teaches Spanish 2 and Spanish 3. She says,” When I first started studying Spanish in high school, I thought it was interesting, but after traveling to different Spanish speaking countries, I fell in love with the language.” Her all time favorite poem by William Ernest Henly is “Invictus” and the last two lines are “I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.”

Ms. Hammonds teaches in the Special Education Department. She says, “Although I teach all of the subjects, my specialties are language arts, math, and reading. I like language arts because I am fascinated by languages and their structures, especially the English language. As for math, I like working with numbers and the satisfaction I get from correctly solving the problems.” One of her favorite quotes by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich is “Well behaved woman rarely make history.”

Ms. Greenwood, who teaches U.S. History, says, “I wanted to teach math but I had an amazing U.S. History teacher and I changed my mind.” One of her favorite quotes by Soren Kierkegaard is, “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

Mr. Hibbets is the assistant marching band director, pep band director, handbell choir director, and assists the intermediate choir. He says, “The school year will go fine for me and I think it will go well overall for everyone here at MCHS.” One of his favorite quotes is “Every day is fun. Some days are more fun.”

Ms. Howisen teaches all of the choir classes here at MCHS. She says, “I have been singing since I could talk and t is truly my passion. I love helping to mold untrained voices into sounding like professional groups of singers I am hoping for a great year filled with a lot of musical success and challenges.” One of her favorite quotes is “If music be the food of love, play on”-Shakespeare

Ms. Jackson, who teaches English 11 and yearbook, says, “I teach English because I enjoy reading, writing, and sharing my passion with others. I think this school year will be fantastic. We have a great new principal who is bringing new energy to the school.” One of her favorite quotes is “With all thy getting, get an understanding” because it reminds her to not just do things randomly, but to understand why she does things.

Ms. Latiker, who teaches speech and English 9/10 this year, says, “I believe this school year will be fun-filled, positive, and extremely productive.” One of her favorite quotes is “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.”- Les Brown

Ms. Marshall, who teaches Special Education and English 9, says, “I am very excited to be working with Mrs. Frederick in English 9! We have a lot of really great students and I think we will all learn a lot this year.” One of her favorite quotes is “Change your thoughts, and you can change your world”-Norman Vincent Peale

Mr. Puetzer teaches Geometry because he loves having the platform to make a positive difference in so many lives. He says, “So far it has been a great year, if it continues like this it will be an extremely memorable year. It was nice to be greeted by so many students from last year, and see that they have moved up in their math classes.”

Ms. Togbe, who teaches French, says, “I love it, and French is my first language. I believe truly that teaching is an effective way to change the world.” One of her favorite quotes is “Seek opportunities to show you care. The smallest gestures often make the biggest difference.”

Ms. Seydel, who teaches Algebra 2 and Geometry, says, “I love what I do and am excited to be with the MCAS. Education has always been an important part of my life. Growing up, I had a parent who was a school administrator. I spent many, many hours at her school and helping out teachers with their classrooms. I also participated in many camps that assisted young children with Special Needs. Because of these experiences, I knew I wanted to be a teacher and help all students reach their full potential.” One of her favorite quotes are “Mistakes are only mistakes if you don’t learn from them.”

Mr. Zdravich teaches Read 180 because it’s easy to pronounce. One of his favorite quotes is “It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.”- Mark Twain

Ms. Clemens teaches Economics and Algebra 2. She says, “I have always loved math. I enjoy trying to get students to like math. Economics is a way to take math and use it every day. I think this school year is going to be great. I am excited to be teaching high school. One of her favorite quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt is “You have to accept whatever come and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.”

Mr. Meyers teaches Spanish 1 and 2.

Ms. Davidson teaches in the Functional Academey and Vocational Training.

Mr. Parker teaches Algebra 2.