Why it is important to receive a high school diploma

Suzanne Kaiser, Feature Reporter

Graduating from high school and earning that high school diploma is extremely important. Some people however, may not actually realize how important it really is for them to have. Sure, everyone has probably heard their parents telling them that they need a good education, but are there any real benefits to having a diploma from high school?

Yes, there really are benefits, and the following are just a few of the benefits that a person will reap if they receive their high school diploma.

The first benefit is having better job opportunities. Better. One of the main benefits of having a high school diploma is that the person will be able to get better job opportunities. Instead of always being passed by for the good jobs, they will have the chance to get jobs that are more interesting. There is nothing wrong with working at places such as McDonald’s, but it is also important to have a high school diploma so that a person is not limited to working at an entry level job for the rest of their lives.

Earning a high school diploma allows someone to go on to college. In today’s day and age  having a college education is becoming even more and more important. So, if college is in the future plans of someone, they  are going to have to make sure they  get their diploma from high school.

One final benefit of having a high school diploma is the chance to earn higher wages. Not only can a high school diploma help a person get better job opportunities, but it can actually help them to make more money as well. People who do not have diplomas usually make less money, so if someone would like to make more money at their job, having a diploma is going to be very important.