Former private school student shadows older sister at MCHS

The two sisters spent the day touring the school.

Kaitlyn Steinhiser, News Reporter

On May 25, 2016, junior, Alexandria Schooley’s, sister and soon-to-be freshman, Julianna Schooley, shadowed her to see what a day in the life of an MCHS student would be like.

“I decided to shadow Alex to get out of school and to experience City for a day before becoming an actual student here,” said the youngest Schooley.

Jules toured the school and experienced several AP/DC classes with her older sister. Although she did not do the actual work, she still managed to be productive by working on her current school work.

“My favorite class so far has been AP United States History. I already really like history, but Mr. Richards made it even more enjoyable with his lively teaching style.”

Although Alex is actually a junior, she will not be able to attend high school with her younger sister due to the fact that she is graduating a year early. “I’m extremely sad that I will not be able to go to school with my sister because I wanted to protect her from the desperate boys at MCHS,” she said jokingly. “I’m also sad that I will not be here to guide her, help her cope with the difficulties of high school, and show her which hours are the best to skip.”

The two sisters both believe that it is very important for other students to shadow their siblings so that they can “get a feel for the environment.”

“I’m definitely looking forward to attending MCHS more than I was before because it is a big change from my nine years at St. Paul’s,” said Jules confidently.