End of the School Year

Sarah Smith, Feature Editor

With the end of every school year a chapter in students lives closes. Students experience different stages of emotions regarding the end of the year. First there is the excitement of being free of all the worry that the school year brings. From the fluctuation of students grades to the never ending cycle of homework, tests, and grade breaking projects. The underclassmen seem to only go through this stage  but for the upper clansmen they experience an array of emotions.

They also feel this excitement to be finished for the year.But as a soon to be senior I am experiencing something very different than just pure excitement. I feel sad almost. I feel sad that my time here at the high school is almost at an end. I am sad that several of my friends are graduating and moving on to bigger and better things, while I am still here. I am sad that my life as a “kid” is almost finished. I know I still have a year left but time really does fly by when you are having fun.

Not only do I feel a bit sad about the year ending and moving on to different classes and leaving all of my wonderful teachers behind; but I feel nervous for my senior year as well. I am so nervous about all of the decisions I have to make about my future. I have to decide where I want to go to college, what I want to do in the life, and how I plan on getting there. It seems like all of these decisions will decide my whole entire life. If this does not seem enough to make my rethink growing up I do not know what will.

The end of the year brings a lot of different emotions including happiness, excitement, sadness, and nervousness. I am very excited to be an upcoming senior and I am excited to take on every new challenge the world throws at me.