Howl-o-ween at Ames

Emily Gushrowski, Sports Reporter

MCHS athletes participated in the Howl-o-ween event at Ames Field on Thursday, October 27. The Unified Track team sponsored the event and collected dollar donations for Special Olympics.

Howl-o-ween at Ames provides a safe and fun environment to trick-or-treat. Kids from ages 0-13 were welcome to trick-or-treat, play games, and do other activities from 6:30-8:00.

“The main priority is for kids to be safe,” said sophomore, Chase Triplett.

Senior, Madison Evans thinks the idea of kids having the opportunity to come trick-or-treat at Ames is very good. The Howl-o-ween event not only allowed kids to trick-or-treat, but gave them a preview as to what sports are offered at the high school.

“It gets the kids used to how the high school sports are and how nice us athletes are,” said sophomore, Riley Shreve.

Kids enjoyed many activities from tumbling on gymnastics mats to hitting a tennis ball at a target. Senior, Alexis Biggers, felt that the event brought together the community and the athletes at MCHS into a whole. Athletes enjoyed handing out candy and being together with their teams.

“I really enjoyed the team bonding,” sophomore, Hannah Noveroske, expressed.

Howl-o-ween at Ames was an overall success. The athletes came together to represent the Michigan City High School athletics and the opportunities that are offered. It was a way for the athletes to give back to the community and have some involvement.

“The best part of the night was seeing the kids smile,” said senior, Braxton Hervey.