The Cleveland Browns: From Bad to Worse

Gavin Buchanan, News Reporter

The Cleveland Browns is a franchise that has without a doubt had its share of troubles.
Every team has had success in their past. However there has never really been much success for the Browns. Bad decisions after bad decisions have propelled this organization to the bottom of the food chain.
Cleveland and Ohio in general have had tough luck with sports. While recently this luck has began to change. Akron native, LeBron James, came home to bring a NBA championship to the desperate Cavaliers.
Only a few years earlier the Ohio State Buckeyes won the college football championship. The most recent news from Cleveland is that of the Indians. This baseball program managed to make it to the World Series, only to fall short to the Chicago Cubs.
Cleveland is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to sports within the past couple of years.
That is unless you are talking about the Browns. They fell dead last in the American league in wins this year, going a measly 1-15.
Many thought they would achieve the second perfect losing season in NFL history. This has only been done by the Detroit Lions way back in 2008.
The Browns have never won a Super Bowl since the Super Bowl was created. They had however won 4 NFL championships prior to the introduction of the Super Bowl (3 in the 1950’s and 1 in 1964). The Brown’s problem has not been pinned on just one aspect of the game.
Fans can blame the losing streak on almost everything. Coaching, managing, ownership, or quarterbacks. The Brown’s front office has been known to make some of the worst decisions in sports. history.
Drafting quarterbacks like Tim Couch in 1999 or Johnny Manziel in 2014. They have drafted seven quarterbacks since 1999, who all have turned out to be complete busts.
Speaking of quarterbacks, the Browns have started 24 different QBs since 1999. Successful franchises like the New England Patriots or the Green Bay Packers have not changed their starting quarterbacks for years.
The Cleveland Browns have not won a playoff game in 20 years and have not had a winning season since 2007.
The Browns are just a broken organization that needs to find reliable players to take them to the top. The front office may have to take a better look at who they invest their money in. That is truly a crucial piece in the puzzle.