Tiger out of the Woods?

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL - MAY 10:  Tiger Woods plays his shot from the second tee during the final round of THE PLAYERS Championship at the TPC Sawgrass Stadium course on May 10, 2015 in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.  (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL - MAY 10: Tiger Woods plays his shot from the second tee during the final round of THE PLAYERS Championship at the TPC Sawgrass Stadium course on May 10, 2015 in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Erik Hultgren, News Reporter

Throughout the storied career of professional golfer Tiger Woods, there has been many ups and downs.
Woods is the second all time leader in PGA Tour wins, and third all time in European Tour victories.
Ever since his 2013 championship at the Bridgestone Invitational however, he has failed to win any major or world golf championships.
Woods’ two year barren run from 2014-2015 was capped off by two back surgeries in the fall of fifteen, which would prove to keep him off of the course for more than a year. December of 2016 marked Woods’ first competitive tournament in nearly sixteen months, where he participated in his foundation’s event in the Bahamas.
Woods finished 15 out of 18 highlighted by a bogey-free, 7-under 65 in the second round at Albany Golf Course.
“Shooting 65 in the second round felt great, but more than anything, keeping my card clean meant the most,” said Woods. “The fact that I did not drop a shot that day showed I had come a long way.”
Woods has indeed came a long way in the last few months, and plans to have a busy 2017 year as long as his body holds up.
“My love for the game never left,” Woods said. “It’s just that the body would not allow me to play. Now my body is allowing me to do it again. Combine that with the amount of support I have received from so many people, and the help I’ve had from players and friends, and there is great reason for optimism.”
This year could prove to be a big one for Tiger Woods
“I am working hard to sharpen my game for 2017, and my goal is simple: to win,” said Woods. “Winning takes care of itself.”