Gymnastics team honors seniors

Gushrowski and Jensen smiling on their senior night.

Emily Gushrowski, Sports Reporter

The MCHS gymnastics team held their senior night on Thursday, February 9 in the Wolves Den. Seniors Megan Gushrowski and Becca Jensen entered the gym with smiles and walked in with their parents.

“I really enjoyed the set up. Everything was so pretty and made the night memorable,” said Jensen.

The gym was decorated with posters, balloons, and a table set up with gifts. Their banners were hung and displayed for the audience to see as they made their way to the bleachers. A slideshow played with pictures of Jensen and Gushrowski that displayed their youth and how they have changed throughout their high school career.

Jensen and Gushrowski competed well for their senior night. Gushrowski won all around with a score of 36.575 and claimed many other places during awards. Jensen placed fifth on beam with a 8.725 and tied for fifth on vault with a 8.7. The Wolves competed against Crown Point, but lost just short to the bulldogs. Crown Point had a team score of 107.25 and City with a 106.85.

“I was happy with the way I competed my routines. I had a few season highs and no falls. I am really happy that I can say I won all around at my last home meet ever,” said Gushrowski.

Gushrowski will miss gymnastics and competing in the Wolves Den. Jensen will miss having the joy of tumbling and being with a great team.

“I will always remember how great it feels to nail a routine and be proud of it no matter what score the judges gave me,” said Gushrowski.