Fresh faces: class of 2021 officers

Class officers stand together shortly after elections

Anna-Lisse Lenard, Reporter

All groups need their leaders and this year at MCHS, the class of 2021 has just elected their leaders. Although they have just begun their journey through their high school career, the class of 2021 is already on its way to success. 

Six freshmen stepped up and were elected by classmates to hold leadership positions. Secretary Josiah Miller, and representatives Mia Taylor,  Anastasia Attar, and William MansfieldMia Taylor said, “Our group is really good. We get along well and bounce ideas off each other.”

The election process is different for the various positions. Students running for president, vice president, and secretary need to have 75 signatures from peers and approval from class sponsors before becoming a candidate. They then can be voted for in the class election. However, class representatives are nominated and voted for during a steering committee meeting.

People who run for the top two spots have running mates of their choice. “Avianna and I wanted to run together because we did last year for honor society and we are a good team,” vice president Reese Attar explained, “It is cool being part of the decision-making process.”

The freshman steering committee has already started making plans. President Avianna Garner said, “We are going to start fundraising early so money is not a problem down the road. Right now we are planning a Butter-Braid fundraiser. We have two main goals; we want to have an awesome prom and, more importantly, to be the best class.”

The Class of 2021 are ambitious and eager to be the best they can be. Taylor said the class motto, “Watch out other classes, we’re not done ‘til 2021.”