Thor Ragnarok hits the Box Office

Dalin McCully, Feature Editor

Thor Ragnarok was released officially in the US on November 3, 2017.

The film was produced in the course of one year, with production wrapping up in July 2017.

Chris Hemsworth has returned to the “big screen” to portray Thor, a character and role which has become noteworthy and iconic in the actor’s career.

The film is the sequel to Thor: The Dark World which was released in 2013, both are produced by Walt Disney owned Marvel Studios.

The film is directed by Taika Waititi, and also stars Tom Hiddleston, Mark Ruffalo, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Idris Elba, and Karl Urban.

The film was marketed for months with multiple trailers reaching TV spots and millions of views on Youtube.

The trailer’s most iconic scene when Thor first encounters Hulk in a gladiator match and says, “He’s a friend from work!” has a touching origin story. A child from the Make-A-Wish Foundation actually proposed the idea to Hemsworth and he improvised the line into the final cut of the movie.

In the opening weekend, the film grossed $109 million domestically at the Box Office, and has also made over $306 million overseas.

In Thor Ragnarok,  Thor is captured and forced into a gladiatorial contest on a planet named, Sakaar, where must battle his former ally and friend, Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). Thor must venture through the cosmos to escape his imprisoned state and return to his home world, Asgard, to defeat a powerful enemy, Hela(Cate Blanchett) from destroying his home world and it’s inhabitants.

The film has received positive feedback from fans as well as critics. Critics at rottentomatoes.com called the reviewed the film with words such as, “exciting, funny, and above all fun.”

Dalin McCully, Feature Editor

Writing is a creative way to convey emotions and ideas for Dalin McCully, a senior at Michigan City High School. Crafting literature is a unique way for...