Students participate in the annual Sadie Hawkins dance

Seniors+celebrate+their+last+year+at+Sadies+

Seniors celebrate their last year at Sadies

Farrah Goodall, Editor in Chief

Last weekend, the student council at MCHS hosted the annual Sadies Hawkins Dance. Traditionally speaking, Sadies means that the girls ask their dates to the dance rather than the social norm of vice versa. This tradition at MCHS always provides creative proposals and a fun night for all.

Another perk to the dance is the canned food drive. Students are given a five-dollar discount at the door if they bring a canned food with them. It is an easy way for students to get involved in giving back to the community by providing food for whoever is in need especially as the Holidays are approaching.

On Saturday, the cafeteria was transformed into a dance floor. Many students had their respective dates and others came with groups of friends. Either way, it seemed like everyone was having fun.

One of the highlights of the night was when the DJ, on request, played a recent song that students had learned in their Spanish classes. The dance floor was filled with students salsaing which showed yet another example of how students are affected by great teachers at MCHS.

The dance lasted from 8-11 P.M., and most students stayed until the very last minute. Student council never seems to disappoint when it comes to Sadies Hawkins.

The next dance that MCHS has to look forward to is the Winter Ball hosted by the Student Publications. This year it will be held at the Uptown Center on Saturday, February 10, from 7 to 11.