Bol Bol commits to Oregon

GQ

Bol Bol towers over his peers

Erik Hultgren, News Reporter

On Monday, November twentieth, one of basketball’s top young prospects Bol Bol made the long-awaited decision on which school he would play for in college.
The son of legendary NBA center Manute Bol, Bol is currently a senior in high school, and ranked as the number four prospect in his class. As a five-star prospect Bol received many offers and visited several colleges before making his final decision, which is to take his talents to the University of Oregon once he heads off to college in 2018.
Bol is currently playing his high school basketball at Findlay College Prep after spending last year at Mater Dei High School where he averaged 16.5 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 2.9 blocks per game. Bol is only eighteen years old but is already beginning to live up to his father’s immense reputation, with countless internet highlight-reels fueling the hype around him.
A very unique player already, Bol combines his 7′ 1½” (and still growing) height with the skills of a guard, and is the number one ranked center in his class.
About his decision to go to school in Oregon, Bol said “I had no idea what I was going to do. But then I calmed down and thought about it. What team would be best for my unique game? What school would provide opportunities around my sport that tapped into my passions? And what school would give me the opportunity to reach the most people? I thought about all that. And I thought a lot about my dad and what he might tell me right now. And when I broke it all down like that, I just knew.”
Bol’s game is certainly unique, and fans of college basketball will be able to watch him play at one of the nation’s premier programs next year at Oregon.