“Shine bright on senior night”

Seniors L to R. Molly Heath, Marissa Workman, Shellaya Miller, Farrah Goodall, Brittney Adams, Jenna Stevenson

Picasa

Picasa

Farrah Goodall, Editor in Chief

“Shine bright on senior night” was the slogan given to the seniors of the girls’ basketball team in the locker room before their last home game of their high school career. They seemed to take this to heart as they came out with a lot of energy at the tip-off that lasted the entire 32 minutes and resulted in a 52-45 win over the Valparaiso Vikings, a Duneland Athletic Conference (DAC) rival.

After inclement weather cancelled the originally planned date of Friday, January 12, Monday night, January 15, senior night was celebrated. The seniors were showered from gifts from their underclassmen teammates including picture memory boards, hand-crafted blankets, and miscellaneous dorm room items. As well as blue and white carnations from head coach, Michael Megyese, and assorted bouquets from friends and families. The formal festivities took place before the game with the announcement of the seniors and their testimony of their experience of the last four years and their future plans. Before warming up, the team was warned to use the energy of the night to their advantage and to not let it affect the normal way that they played basketball.

The team took the advice to heart and played good team basketball. “The seniors may have not played the entire game, but they were productive on and off the bench,and their leadership skills are appreciated, and I am proud of them for that,” said Megyese.

The win was a perfect way for the seniors to end their home-games career. At the end of the night they were quoted saying, “Tonight was one of the best nights ever and thank you to all of our teammates and fans for making it so special.”

Farrah Goodall, Editor in Chief

Writing goes hand in hand with reading, one of Farrah Goodall’s favorite pastimes. She began reading at a young age and then continued on to strive and...