Tips for making fourth quarter count

Anna-Lisse Lenard, Reporter

As the third quarter comes to a close, it is common to feel sluggish, hopeless, and develop a bad case of ‘senior-itis’. Whether one is a hopeless freshman or a majorly fatigued senior, stress can be kept to a minimum with some easy-to-follow tips.

Set goals
In the beginning of the school year, it is common for students to feel ambitious and develop goals. It could be as easy as showing up to class every day or trying to maintain a 4.0 GPA. Regardless, the dedication to these goals tend to fade over time. If it feels like a student’s drive is diminishing, a possible remedy could be to make a list of goals. Write down how you want to finish this year and your plans for the next.

Get re-organized
Between lack of time to clean and the addition of more papers than one can count, it is easy to become disorganized. Put papers in folders according to classes and put those folders in a binder. Keep extra pens and pencils in a pencil case.

Make study groups
If a student has not already done this, they should definitely give it a shot. Although it can be seen as a distraction, studying with others can really add some fun when it comes to end-of-the year exams. Collaboration is extremely effective because everyone pools their ideas and knowledge. Not a fan of working with others? Try to be a bit more open to asking students and teachers for help in areas of struggle.

Keep the past where it belongs
Some students feel discouraged towards the end of the year, typically due to bad grades or increased difficulty in classes. Despite whether it is true or not, past grades don’t matter as much as they seem. There is always area for improvement, and improvement is better than not trying at all. It does not hurt to put in effort, especially towards the end.

Anna-Lisse Lenard, Business Manager

Anna-Lisse is a junior and excited to take on the role of business manager this year. After shadowing a journalist for career day in eighth grade, she...