Students engage in Leadership LaPorte County

Back to Article
Back to Article

3 of the 5 leaders after the first leadership session

Farrah Goodall, Editor in Chief

Every year, Leadership Laporte County holds their student leadership program. Students from every school in LaPorte County including students from homeschool programs are chosen to represent their school and participate in an invigorating experience.

There are four separate sessions throughout March and April each held at a different location in LaPorte County including Purdue University Northwest, Cummings Lodge, LaPorte County Jailhouse, and Red Mill County Park. Since the students are excused from school for the four days, each of the sessions last an entire school day and are jammed packed with activities, guest speakers, and learning opportunities all designed to help the students involved to not only improve their leadership skills but to also grow as an individual.

All the students representing MCHS are heavily involved in extracurriculars and have plans of continuing their education at the collegiate level. Senior, Farrah Goodall, will be returning to help out as a student leader this year as she completed the program last year. All involved this year will have the chance to become the student leader for next year’s activities.

Four juniors will be attending the conference as participants including class president, Kaitlyn Saylor, vice president, Julia Miller, secretary, Sydney Starks, student council representative Dawson VanBuskirk. Sara Poulin will be representing the sophomore class in the program as well.