North Korea to “consider” talking about denuclearizling

Gavin Buchanan, News Reporter

The country of North Korea has been in and out of the news for a few years now. This is due to their threats of nuclear war and other threats of the same value. They have been taunting other nations with their large army and nuclear weapons for some time and they have been very stern on keeping them. North Korea and its leader Kim Jong Un has decided to “listen” to talks about denuclearizing the nation.

The government is skeptical that the country will truly give up its weapons of mass destruction, but realize it is an import step to better relations with the somewhat isolated country. They have agreed to meet with representatives of both South Korea and the United States.

South Korea and the United States are the two countries North Korea has conflicted with the most in the past. This proposal came as a shock to officials around the global because just months ago Kim Jong Un said that North Korea could wipe the United States off the face of the planet. Kim Jong Un has reached out to Trump to get a meeting scheduled. This does not necessarily mean that the meeting will happen though. North Korea has just “considered talking about this issue. Some hope that this is the first step in better relations between these powerful countries.