March Madness is upon us

Gavin Buchanan, News Reporter

The month of March is here and that means so is the annual NCAA basketball tournament. The tournament has been dubbed “March Madness” over the years and is one of the most watched sporting events on television. Winning the tournament, even making the tournament, the dream of almost every single player in the NCAA. Sixty-four of the NCAA best basketball programs get to compete for glory.

UNC won the tournament last year and are hungry for another national championship. UNC isn’t the only team that is hungry for a national title though, every single one of the sixty-four teams is competing for the trophy. Villanova, who won two years ago is the favorite coming into the draft with odds of 9/2 followed by the Duke Blue Devils who have 5/1 odds. Just because these teams are favored does not mean they have a clear path to the championship game though because the tournament is known for its many upsets. One team from Indiana has secured a spot in the tournament already and that is the Purdue Boliermakers. Other teams from Indiana are fighting for spots in the tournament including Notre Dame and Butler.

This tournament decides who is the most dominant team in the NCAA. This season, there are no clearly dominant teams like in the past. There are good teams, but then again, “March Madness” is the place for good teams to fall. This is bound to be a interesting chase for the trophy and some of America is ready for the madness to begin.

Gavin Buchanan, News Reporter

Gavin, a senior at Michigan City High School, came to admire writing and  journalism just as of late. Earlier in life, Gavin did write a few articles...