Woman gets attacked by jaguar in Arizona

A+jaguar+is+a+wild+species+that+can+be+very+dangerous+if+it+comes+in+contact+with+a+human%2C+or+another+animal.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A jaguar is a wild species that can be very dangerous if it comes in contact with a human, or another animal.

Jibreel Hoskins, Reporter

A woman at an Arizona state zoo, specifically Wildlife World Zoo, was attacked by a female jaguar when she attempted a picture with the animal.

Sources say, the woman apologized for this, and even spoke publicly following the situation.

According to Kristy Morcum, a spokeswoman for CNN, the woman said she “feels horrible about the bad publicity the zoo is getting regarding the incident.”

Many witnesses say they watched the woman climb over the barrier, into the cage, where the jaguar was patrolling.

One witness, by the name of Adam Wilkerson, said he was attending the zoo with his family when he saw someone yelling for help.

Wilkerson told reporters, “Without thinking, I had no idea what I was going to see, I just ran over there. I saw the other girl up against the fence with her arm caught in the jaguar’s claws.” He then said how he did not want to get involved, especially after seeing the claws “in her actual flesh.”

But with the help of his mother, Adam was able to free the woman from the animal’s grasp.

When medical attention arrived, they found the woman in conditions that is said to be very disturbing.

CNN managed to obtain an employee’s 911 call in which they give the condition of the woman’s arm as incompetent.

In response to a tweet concerning what will happen to the jaguar, the Wildlife World Zoo responded by stating “We can promise you nothing will happen to our jaguar. She’s a wild animal and there were proper barriers in place to keep our guests safe — not a wild animal’s fault when barriers are crossed. Still sending prayers to her and her family.”